We believe that buildings are not static structures but living creations that evolve over time and are required to cooperate within their context and ecosystem.
Originally designed by designed Nicholas T. Haller in 1903, the building has been comprehensively redeveloped five times in its one hundred and seventy year history. Prior to being adaptively reused as a one hundred and fourteen unit housing community in 2018, the building has seen stints as a coal sales office, horse stable, car garage and cardboard box factory. The Chapman Coal Company Garage and Stable was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2013. …Keep ReadingAll Case